[Xastir] soundmodem port assignment

Tim Billingsley kd5ckp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:40:10 EST 2009

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:SoundModem#Setting_Up_SoundModem_as_an_AX.25_Kernel_Networking_Device

   - IP Address: "10.0.0.1"
   - Network Mask: "255.255.255.0"
   - Broadcast Address: "10.0.0.255"

Just curious if these are cut and dried assignments or can I insert whatever
I want here?

I dug through my junkbox and found an older PCI soundcard to assign to
soundmodem so my other card could remain for other uses.
01:07.0 Multimedia audio controller: Avance Logic Inc. ALS4000 Audio Chipset
        Subsystem: Avance Logic Inc. ALS4000 Audio Chipset
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Kernel driver in use: ALS4000
        Kernel modules: snd-als4000

I have run xastir off and on for a long time via Internet only and decided
to go ahead and add the RF factor.

--

"Friends don't let friends do Windows"
http://www.distrowatch.com