[Xastir] Xastir with VMware

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Thu Dec 17 10:33:16 EST 2009

To work around the problem, I created a crontab job to kill xastir and
then restart it.

The Crontab is laid out like this:

01 03 * * * pkill -9 -f xastir
02 03 * * * /usr/bin/xastir

The cronjob kills xastir just fine, but it never restarts it. I'm far
from a Linux guru, I keep learning, I have searched the Internet for
information on crontab and it seems I am doing it correctly, but
obviously not.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Duffy