[Xastir] Xastir with VMware

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:32:27 EST 2009

On 12/17/09, Tim Billingsley <kd5ckp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kernel[Linux 2.6.26-6.slh.1-sidux-686 i686]
>
> installed using apt
>
> xastir:
>   Installed: 1.9.4-3+b1
>   Candidate: 1.9.4-3.1
>   Version table:
>      1.9.4-3.1 0
>         500 http://ftp.us.debian.org sid/main Packages
>  *** 1.9.4-3+b1 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM,
>
>>  Question:  Are you guys using Xastir CVS or Xastir as installed by the
>>> Ubuntu
>>> repositories?

Hi all,

One option is to download a Xastir live/installation CD.  Installing
Ubuntu or Kubuntu from the customized CD will result in a recent CVS
compile of Xastir being installed with it.  That will save the time it
would take to grab the required libraries and compile Xastir.  I have
already installed them under Virtualbox - should also install under
VMware as well as directly to a hard drive.

Download options are at the link below:
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Downloads

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT