[Xastir] Xastir with VMware

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Fri Dec 18 11:51:49 EST 2009

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> If Xastir is totally locking up, perhaps the time in the virtual
> machine got adjusted backwards.  In that case Xastir will wait until
> the time gets back to where it was or further before some of the IF
> statements based on time get triggered again.
>
> Time getting messed up is often a problem with virtual machines and
> there are Wiki and FAQ entries for most virtual systems talking
> about problems/solutions for this.

Curt, you may be onto something. I did notice that when I was having
issues the clock in Xubuntu was behind the Windows clock. I just now
went into date and time and noticed that it is not set-up as default to
sync the time automatically with Internet time servers. So I corrected
that issue and removed the crontab jobs for the time being to see if
that may solve the problem. Thanks for the tip.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com