[Xastir] Xastir with VMware - Issue Solved

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Sat Dec 19 07:24:18 EST 2009

Curt, seems your suggestion about time differences between the virtual
machine and the host was indeed the issue. After your suggestion I went
in and enabled the time update within Linux. Upon further reading about
the issue, some suggested running vmware-toolbox and check the box that
says for VMware Player to update the time using the host computer's time
and if you do it that way, to disable automatic time update in the
virtual machine's OS. So I went back in and disabled Linux doing the
time update, and enabled VMware Player syncing the time with the host
computer via vmware-toolbox. Now Xastir has been running on Xubuntu
within VMware Player for more than 24 hours without an issue.

Thanks again for the suggestion. That seems to have solved the problem.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com