[Xastir] Time to discard VMware as an option?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Dec 19 08:39:50 EST 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> A web interface is the most awkward and inefficient way to do just
> about anything.  Xastir currently runs fine on hardware that chokes
> bringing up an empty firefox window; let's not bloat it so that we're
> leading Moore's Law on hardware utilization.

FYI:  We did two or three rounds of profiling on the code in order
to make it somewhat CPU efficient.  At the end of the INSTALL file
there are instructions for profiling and instructions for how to
check for memory leaks.  For developers.

We used to have someone checking in periodically to tell us how
Xastir would still run on his 486 machine...