[Xastir] compiling problem ubuntu 9.10

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Dec 19 23:22:35 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:24:05PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <geoffwri at idx.com.au> flavor, containing:
> Hi all...... still trying to get xastir to work on ubuntu 9.10...... using
> the ubuntu xastir package am unable to display geo maps just get a black
> square,

This is because you're using GraphicsMagick and the Ubuntu binary, which
is Xastir 1.9.4.  The fix for this was committed to Xastir CVS (1.9.7) a week
or two ago, so you *must* use CVS xastir to use Xastir with GraphicsMagick
on Ubuntu 9.10.

I thought the package maintainer for the debian package of Xastir had changed
it to pull in ImageMagick instead, but perhaps that hasn't propagated to the
Ubuntu packages yet.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation