[Xastir] Feature Request

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 22 12:49:20 EST 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, J Hunter wrote:

> My Feeling is "Locked means Locked". But I do not know how hard it would be
> to script the lock feature on the rest of the items.

It's difficult trying to figure out what people really want when all
the edge cases start creeping in, so I'll wait to see if anyone else
cares about it.

The "TrackMe" button is visible in the top menu bar all the time
so I figured people MAY want that one to override the map lock.  It
gives you a moving map for your vehicle that keeps your system
visible.  It could be difficult while already driving to pull over
and go through the menus to disable the map lock.  I could gray-out
the "TrackMe" text when the lock is on (make that button inactive).

Maybe it would be good to add some always-visible text or colors to
Xastir when the lock is on.  A watermark across the map?

>> Done.  I did NOT implement the zoom/pan lock for the following
>> features:
>>
>>     display_zoom_image
>>     Track_Me
>>     last map position
>>     track_gui.c:Track_station()
>>     Find Station
>>     Map Display Bookmarks

I believe "display_zoom_image" is a helper script that other
functions call.  We wouldn't want to put the lock on that one
directly.  Ignore that one in the list above.

More comments anyone?  This is your chance to get it working the way
you'd like!