[Xastir] HOWTO: Transmit tactical callsign assignments to others

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 25 09:35:43 EST 2009

I'm sending this to the list as well so that other people know how
to use this function.  I had forgotten myself but was prompted to go
look at the code again by a user question.

I just tested this between two local Xastir instances on the same
machine connected via Xastir's server ports.  Assigning the tactical
callsign via the Station Info dialog on either did NOT propagate the
tactical callsign over the interface.  Sending a message to
"TACTICAL" DID propagate it across to the other Xastir.  Sending a
message of "we7u-4=" to "TACTICAL" cancelled the assignment on both.

Note that this method should work between Xastir stations if the
Xastir code is newer than 8/12/2009.  APRS+SA stations also have
this capability and their tactical callsign assignments should
interoperate with Xastir stations.  --we7u