[Xastir] Ridge Radar images

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Dec 25 22:30:36 EST 2009

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, Tom Russo wrote:

> So I don't know for sure why Rick is seeing things offset to the east so much.
>
> When I use either Jeremy's or my own geo files, the positioning of the DTX
> radar image appears to be the same as the positioning of the radar data on
> the Ridge web site images to within eyeball norm.  The images are slightly
> elliptical as expected, but not dramatically so.

When I load Jeremy's file, it all straightened out.  So I did a careful
comparison with mine, and discovered another typo. The image is 600x550,
and I calculated the values that way, byt my second tiepoint was delared
to be 599,449, a full 100 pixels off, which explains the extreme
stretching.
   My algorithm was OK, but my fingers are too fat, and my eyeballs aren't
as sharp as they used to be...

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009