[Xastir] mac version of xastir yielding error

Erich J. Ritzmann ejritz at genema.org
Thu Feb 5 19:43:02 EST 2009

OK, I built xastir from source on Centos 5.2 Intel Linux, without a
hickup.   Emboldened by this experience, I was thinking that it would
be nice to also run Xastir on my laptop.

After messing around for several days trying to get the various
libraries and so forth compiled and in place, and then getting an
error when I tried to run it .... I found a mac port called xastir.
So, I issued the command port -f install xastir.  Running it yields
this error message (which is similar to what I was getting when I
compiled by hand)...

Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to parent "xastir" which
supports only widgets

uname -a
Darwin ErichPB12.kit.genema.org 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon
Nov 24 17:39:01 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_PPC Power
Macintosh

Leopard/10.5.6 on a PowerBook G4 12" 1Ghz, with 1.2 gig RAM.

Any suggestions?
--
Erich J. Ritzmann