[Xastir] mac version of xastir yielding error

Erich J. Ritzmann ejritz at genema.org
Thu Feb 5 20:09:52 EST 2009

The steps I ultimately followed were very similar:

/opt/local/bin/port install curl imagemagick openmotif pcre db42 lcms
proj gdal libpng libxml2 shapelib

cd libgeotiff-1.2.2
make clean
./configure --prefix=/opt/local
make
make install
ranlib /opt/local/lib/libgeotiff.a

port -f install xastir

xastir
<<<output>
Found pid file: /Users/ejritz/.xastir/xastir.pid
Other Xastir process, pid: 28759 does not appear be running.

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
        tab   MapInfo TAB
        mid   MapInfo MID
        mif   MapInfo MIF
        ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
        rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
        s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
        dgn   MicroStation DGN

x_spider: Can't bind local address
Could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
Error: BindingCould some processes still be running from a previous
run of Xastir?
UDP_Server process died.
x_spider: Couldn't set read-end of pipe_udp_server_to_xastir non-
blocking
Could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to parent "xastir" which
supports only widgets
Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to parent "xastir" which
supports only widgets
</output>