[Xastir] Font Resolution Sought

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 21:21:37 EST 2009

Hmm. What would the detrimental side effect of changing it be? Would
the "en_US.UTF-8" work with Xastir? Is this the system default in all
versions of OS X? I am running Xastir in both Leopard and Tiger. (The
one I'm specifically trouble-shooting here is Leopard.)

The script idea works to a degree. Then I have to recall to use the
script to launch in all situations. I sometimes will launch using a
menu shortcut. Sometimes I launch from a terminal. I suppose I could
setup an alias to the script and just get used to always using that.

Thanks.

On Feb 19, 2009, at 14:11, Chuck Byam wrote:

> I would discourage your from "re-setting" your system default
> encoding without careful thought.  The default on OS X is
> en_US.UTF-8  Instead, write a shell script that starts xastir and
> set your encoding there.

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com