[Xastir] Xastir-Hardy: logging into the VM?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:30:22 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Dick Repasky <dick.repasky at gmail.com> wrote:

> One run-level would boot and run xastir full-screen
> without a window manager so that there would be nothing to confuse newbies.
> The vm would shut shutdown when xastir exited. The goal was to have the vm
> behave more like an application than an operating system.

Sounds interesting, but how would one adjust the screen resolution so
that the VM would be the right size for the monitor that is being
used?  I assume there would still be a way to get to a command line to
run the VMware tools script - not exactly a newbie friendly procedure,
but that's the only way I have been able to permanently adjust the
screen size.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX