[Xastir] Can Xastir log all points to disk?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 29 14:35:14 EST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Craig Anderson wrote:

> 	Does xastir currently have the capability to log to disk all the
> points it reads from it's local GPS device?  I may need the ability to do
> fine-grain logging of GPS points to disk and normal behavior for radio
> transmissions.

Not by just turning on a logging option, but it can do it, sort'a.
The operation where you see your track with high detail but only
transmit at intervals is easy to set up.  You can then save your
track which saves it in a data file and as a Shapefile map.

This of course requires you to have good power to the laptop, a
reliable laptop, etc, so certainly there's room for equipment
failure or operator error in this case.

Also verify that Xastir keeps more than 100 points for your station.
I believe 100 is the default and it may be for everybody.

It wouldn't be difficult to add yet another logging function to
Xastir for GPS data, but it hasn't been done.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer