[Xastir] db2APRS

Clay Jackson clayj at nwlink.com
Sat Jan 31 17:54:53 EST 2009

I think there may be some confusion here - db2APRS is (at least in
this incarnation) is really meteo/Davis specific.  The -b option just
changes the name of the MySQL database that it looks at for the data.
The data still has to be in a MySQL database,  with the sdata table
that meteo generates/loads.

I'm pretty sure that Wview uses a different table structure -
unfortunately, since I have a WMII and not a Vantage, I can't test it.

I do have a different set of code (being 'alpha' tested now); that
takes a WXNOW.TXT file (2 lines, ala the one created by
WeatherDisplay) and writes an aprs formatted record to a socket, so
that might be an alternative.   I'm also playing with a set of code
that will take an XML METAR feed and emit an aprs weather string.

Clay Jackson
N7QNM