[Xastir] NMEA GPS data duplication

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 1 13:38:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Lee R. Burton wrote:

> Has anyone (or did I just miss an option.. I looked...) had Xastir
> output / stream / create a virtual serial port with the NMEA GPS
> data (from say a KPC3+ with GPS attached) for use in other
> applications (GPSDrive, Navit, etc) running at the same time as
> Xastir.
> I feel like it probably wouldn't be too hard to accomplish,
> however, I figured I might as well ask first.

"gpsd" is the option that we use for such.  It allows sharing of GPS
data, but then your apps need to be able to talk to gpsd.  I don't
know if there's a virtual serial port sort of client for gpsd, or
whether it has that built directly in, but that'd be the place to
put your efforts (my opinion).

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer