[Xastir] Satellite imagery maps (ie. Hybirds?)

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:35:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Curt, WE7U<archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> We don't have any way to use Google Maps at this time.  As for
> online maps we have the Terraserver maps, topo/aerial/urban-aerial,
> Tigermaps, and can use many WMS servers for maps.

You can also use OpenStreetMap as a map source. There's a way to have
the OSM data output as a shapefile, which can then be injected by
Xastir.

The best thing about OSM is that it is an Open Source map, using the
Creative Commons by SA license, and ANYONE can participate in making
the map. If the roads in your area aren't on the map, or aren't up to
date, you can add them. Got a favourite hiking, 4X4 or horseback
trail? Track it and add it to the map.

James
VE6SRV