[Xastir] Trouble

Murry murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Jul 28 07:09:20 EDT 2009

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Murry wrote:
>
>> Here I am in trouble again.
>
> How much trouble?  Are you the typical Xastir user who does an
> upgrade within a week of an important even where they need to use
> it?  hi hi.  I've done that...  A lot of us have!
>

>> Ihad uograde problems with Ubuntu, so I wiped thr drive and installed
>> Ubuntu 8.04 as all works fine with this distro. Had Xastir all
>> installed and working and it was using Imagemagick. For some crazy
>> reasoning, I upgraded Ubuntu to 8.10. I see that Xastir is now using
>> Graphicsmagick
>> My problem is that I don't know if it works with the online Canada
>> topo250 or not as it tells me that libcurl or wget are not installed,
>> but my system shows that they are. Do I have to reinstall/remove
>> something anyone any idea?
>
> First, did you compile Xastir from sources or did you use a
> pre-compiled binary package?  What about all the libraries Xastir
> needed, pre-compiled or did you compile from sources?
>
> Did you follow the Xastir Wiki pages regarding the specific Ubuntu
> version you're using?  There's a lot of good detailed info there.
>
> I'm not an Ubuntu user, but there are quite a few of them on this
> list and many are very knowledgable.  Give us more details and I'm
> sure we can help.

OK.
What I have reported above is while using the version from the repositories.
While waiting for a reply I downloaded Ver1.9.2 to see if that would work.
During the ./configure I noticed a spot where it paused for a bit, it
said, "checking for working mktime"
response was "no"
then it continued to the end and the little summary showed it configured
with "yes" to everything except "gdal" It used Imagemagick and not
Graphicsmagick.
Now if I type "make" it starts but I get a lot of warnings at different
locations and at the end is "all recursive error 1" and I think there is
also a 2.
Murry    VE9MB