[Xastir] Weather Alerts: WXSVR down. Replacement Server.

Eric K Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Tue Jul 28 18:10:55 EDT 2009

Is there a tarball of the CVS snapshot to download and build?

I like to keep my sources separate so I can "roll back" simply.

Thanks

EKg

On Tue, July 28, 2009 17:51, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> As some of you know WXSVR has been down for a month or so.  This
> means the NWS weather alert packets that light up zones on our maps have
> not been happening.
>
> Pete Loveall, AE5PL, has been working on a replacement server.  It's
> generating packets now and I've been asked to make a change to support a
> slightly different format in Xastir.  I've done so in a temporary fashion
> and committed the change to CVS.
>
> Pete is going to enable the old format shortly and sent it out for
> perhaps six months or so.  That should give the majority of Xastir users
> time to upgrade before the old format is turned off again. This change in
> formats is to support alert packets to Kenwood radios on RF.
>
> Like I said, the change to decode the new format in Xastir is not
> the permanent change.  Anyone wishing to see weather alerts RIGHT NOW
> (instead of tomorrow) can upgrade to the latest CVS and take
> advantage of the temp change.  As of midnight or early morning hours all of
> you should start seeing alerts again whether you've upgraded Xastir or
> not.
>
> I'll see to implementing the permanent change then notify everyone
> when it's ready.  I'll probably put out new snapshots once we're happy with
> it.  I don't know yet whether this would be enough reason for a new stable
> release, but it might.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.                         <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
> APRS:  Where it's at!                    <http://www.xastir.org>
> Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Eric K Germann
ekgermann (at) cctec (dot) com
Phone: 419 605 4026  :::: Fax:   419 567 2053

PGP/GPG Fingerprint: B047 5EFD 3851 6D79 A851  709B 07FC 9F13 7496 9066

"Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and
 his own dying." -- Martin Luther