[Xastir] UI-View type Plug-ins?

Phil - w2lie w2lie at w2lie.net
Thu Jun 4 00:22:13 EDT 2009

Curt and Ray,
Thanks for the reply.  I can't believe how much can be done with Xastir...  I really need to learn Linux and PERL (See, I learned)...

I am not too worried about running a Webserver like UI's plug-in.  I am more concerned about keeping my I-GATE going, and sending out objects over RF.
My Station sends a lot of RF to INET in the area.  I also reverse I-Gate all WX objects from the local WX Service (I am set to OKX*)
I would need to keep my RF -> INET Functions as well as my National WX Service beacons sent over I-NET to the RF world.  I assume that is an easy config..

The DIGI-NED looks awesome!  I can't believe what it does.  I really need to get a Linux box setup next to my WinXp machine so I can start some trouble!

One of the objects I send over RF and I-Net is the location and time of our ARES Meeting.
Ray - following your example, I would send this command in CRON?
/usr/local/bin/xastir_udp_client localhost 2023 w2lie-1 21162 -to-inet
"ARES_MEET!4044.14N\07334.84W!ARES Meeting 2nite @ 1930hrs"

Would I need the CRON to run it ever X minutes to beacon, or once you run the xastir_udp_client does that set it to beacon using the setup defined in Xastir?
If that is the case, how would you tell Xastir to delete the object when it is no longer needed???
Right now, my "ARES_MEET" runs on the 4th Thursday of the month between 12 Noon and 9 Pm.

Guys - thanks for the support..  I will be playing with some of this on my Laptop to get started - but I am sure I will have a load of questions for you once I get a new box setup and running..
I love project that are over my head!  ;)   Already I can't wait for the weekend so I can start playing around.

Thanks again
73
Phil / w2lie

--
www.w2lie.net
Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums.