[Xastir] Time

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 12 13:58:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I would like to request that the local current time or whatever is set in the
> configuration is shown on either the top or the bottom of the Xastir screen.
> This would make for a good way to see what the time of the last captured png
> file was without having to make it part of the name.
>
> Any chance this could be done on a future release?

I have a nagging feeling that this (or something like it) has been
brought up on the list before.

I think it was suggested last time that they have IM or GM add a
timestamp "watermark" sort of thing onto the image, and that they
got it working.  I don't recall whether it was a script or whether
they modified Xastir sources to do this.

Something like this:

   http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/annotating/#wmark_text

You should be able to do the same thing with GM but add "gm " in
front of the regular IM command.  GM is a fork of the IM code.

My feeling on the matter is:  It's not an option a lot of people
would want so it's better left out of Xastir proper.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer