[Xastir] NSLU2

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jun 14 11:06:07 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 03:47:07PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <hans at h-ahlen.com> flavor, containing:
> I have installed xastir on an NSLU2 and configured it via my laptop with X
> support. I will only use it as an Igate with receive capabilities. Now I
> want to use it without my laptop and no X support. Is it possible and in
> that case how?

Xastir is a graphical program and cannot work without X support.

You might rather use other software to manage a headless igate such as
javAPRSSvr or aprsd (with the proviso that aprsd has a known bug that must be
patched or it mangles some mic-E packets).

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation