[Xastir] dual port TNC

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Jun 16 08:33:47 EDT 2009

How does xastir deal with a dual port TNC such as the KPC4?  Incoming
packets are ID'ed by port number (ie 0 or 1).  When they are digipeated are
they digipeated out on same port they were heard on, or is the port ID
stripped and port 0 substituted?  Can ports be "bridged"?

I'm asking because I'm considering using such a dual port TNC that would
allow us to work regular aprs on 144.39 and track aircraft on another
frequency and I may want to bridge them at times and not other times.

--
Wes
---