[Xastir] TOPO MapXchange data, was: Shapefile help

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 16 14:03:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Kevin Ratcliff wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the TOPO! sharing site, but there are a lot of
> popular trail/trackfile sharing sites now, and many/most of them
> provide GPX export capability.

I looked at that Explorer site and they have an extensive licensing
agreement whereas the mapXchange site did not.  The Explorer site is
most likely unusable for that reason to anyone wishing to use trail
data submitted by TOPO users there.

I'm glad to see that the open GPX format is getting used!
Darned-near anything can be converted to/from GPX these days, by
commercial software and by "gpsbabel".

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer