[Xastir] Shapefile help

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Tue Jun 16 21:01:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Richard Polivka
<r.polivka at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> You will have to edit the file in a GIS program, such as Quantum GIS.

Thanks Richard. I installed qgis and opened the original shapefile. No
connecting lines at all when I view it in qgis. Qgis had an export
function that allowed me to do the conversion from the NAD83 UTM to
the WGS84 LatLong shapefile format, but when I try to display that
converted file in Xastir I still get the connecting line segments. I
can open it back up in qgis and it still looks fine (no connecting
lines).

> There may be structure links in the file that should not be there or the conversion went wonky. I have some shapefiles that I have had to go in and clean up as the labels were in the wrong places.

I'm not sure what I might need to edit or clean up, but there's 1200+
trails in this file so hopefully it can be automated!

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
KB9MQU