[Xastir] Soundmodem

Murry murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jun 17 12:29:40 EDT 2009

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and have installed Soundmodem from the package
manager and went to the Xastir site and followed line for line the How
To Soundmodem as a serial kiss device.
To get it started, I eventually found it in /usr/sbin, bur can't seem to
get Xastir to work with it.
/dev/soundmodem0 doesn't exist on my system that I can find.
Think the soundmodem config was OK, as I looked at the scope and
spectrum in Diagnostics and there was activity from the radio.
I am no Linux e4xpert, but I am trying, but apparently not doing
something right.

Murry   VE9MB