[Xastir] Re Soundmodem

Murry murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Jun 18 16:24:48 EDT 2009

Well, it's working fine now. Can't explain exactly why, but will tell
you what I am doing.
I start Xastir first.
Then I open a terminal and as root, type "soundmodem -v5"
Then I go to Xastir, Interface control, and select the kiss tnc and it
starts.
TX and RX OK.

Not being very literate in Linux, I have a problem with the procedure
given by George, SV4LAX. If I follow his instructions, after I type
"soundmodem -v5" I get three lines of information and then my cursor is
at the extreme left of my screen, flashing, and I don't know what to do
next.
If I keep going down the list as it reads, nothing  happens.
P_lease, for us dummies, put a line in there that tells us what to do.
Thanks for all the assistance.

Murry   VE9MB