[Xastir] Soundmodem-I'm back

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 20 09:42:25 EDT 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Murry wrote:

> Soundmodem and Xastir are working fine now.
> My question now is, why is my soundcard no longer accessable after I shut
> down Xastir and Soundmodem in their terminals?
> I tried to use QSSTV and also tried FLDigi but could not access the
> soundcard.
> Had to restart the computer.

Do a "ps aux | grep -i sound" or "ps aux | grep -i modem" to see if
any soundmodem process is still running.  If so, "kill" it by "kill
PID" where "PID" is the process ID you found from the "ps" command.

You can also find and kill it with "top".

I doubt it's an xastir process that's doing it to you, but you can
check for that with "ps aux | grep xastir".

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer