[Xastir] NWS Warning Maps

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Jun 20 11:00:00 EDT 2009

I can't do it before Monday (real bad connectivity 'til I get to
Boulder) but I'll make shapefiles available for download from
mesonet.tamu.edu for warnings, updated every 15 minutes (for mow, may
make them more frequent depending on load).  Should have done that a
long time ago.

I'll post the page.  These will be shapefiles, with names consistent
with the type of short-term warning.  If I'm real good, I can also
create a counties-outline shapefile, although we are now all officially
doing storm-based (polygon) files.

I also believe that NWS now makes these available.  google for 'NWS
warning gis' and see if that doesn't help.  Like this:
http://www.weather.gov/regsci/gis/shapefiles/

gerry