[Xastir] Ubuntu 9.04 howto now on Xastir wiki

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Wed Jun 24 05:31:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:08 AM, David <djmunn at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin.....very good How -to....however you have missed the Geotiff libs
> these libs in Ubuntu 9.04 repositories dont work too well...

Thanks David. I guess I assumed that since the geotiff-dev package was
available in the repository and Xastir found it with configure that it
would work properly in 9.04. Bad assumption on my part. I will correct
the wiki entry later today, unless someone else beats me to it.

With regard to ImageMagick, I did notice that libmagick9-dev didn't
work in 9.04. I thought I found somewhere that the replacement was
called libmagickcore-dev, and that's what I put in the wiki and it
seemed to work for me. Maybe libmagickwand-dev works too, I'll have to
research that one and find out which is better to use (unless someone
else knows).

Thanks for the feedback!

Kevin
KB9MQU