[Xastir] New capability: 2008 Tiger Shapefile street maps

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun May 3 19:23:49 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 06:44:42PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> flavor, containing:
> Yes, that helps a lot! Are there any tools that I could use to graphically see
> the data that would match a set of criteria? Without doing the ogr2ogr thing,
> then loading the map in Xastir?

Not really.  QGIS, I suppose, but getting QGIS running on your system might
be too much work.  If you're lucky, perhaps there's a binary packge for it.

Oh, yeah, ESRI ArcExplorer should work, too.  I can't recall if they've still
got a Java version --- I ran it even on my BSD systems for a while.  I still
have a copy of ArcExplorer 9.1 that's the java version.  Looks like they still
do have it and are up to version 9.3:

   http://www.esri.com/software/arcexplorer/index1.html

If push comes to shove, you might be able to run their Windows version under
Wine.