[Xastir] Linux Newbie Needs Help

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 6 10:45:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Phil - w2lie wrote:

> The problem I am having is that I can not enter any text into the text boxes.
> Because of this, I can not enter my Latitude/Longitude or Call Sign. (as well
> as anything else that requires text!).  All mouse functions seem to work
> fine.  I can download maps from the internet.

I run OpenSuSE-11.1 on several machines, and have Xastir
installed/working on a few of them, but I don't run KDE.

> Am I missing something or a package that allows text in X11?  If you need
> logs, please let me know what to look for..remember, I am very new to Linux.
> I installed via "Method 2" from this page:
> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:OpenSUSE_11.0

Do you have Compiz or "Desktop Effects" turned on?  If so, try
turning that off.

Did you compile Xastir with Lesstif, or with OpenMotif widgets?  I'm
running OpenMotif on my systems.  I've seen more bugs in the past
with Lesstif, but not the specific bug you mention.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer