[Xastir] New capability: 2008 Tiger Shapefile street maps

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed May 6 20:35:59 EDT 2009

For what it's worth, this seems to have worked and, before Xastir stopped
working for me, it was much quicker using these smaller files.

I used a script file to do the splitting. You can look at the script here:
http://mckeehan.homeip.net/aprs/split_by_feature.sh

and the supporting features.txt file is there also:
http://mckeehan.homeip.net/aprs/features.txt
(note that this features.txt file is just for the edges files.

The script accepts a list of files as arguments for the "input" files; I used
find and xargs to process the downloaded files.

If these prove useful to anyone, feel free to use them.
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU