[Xastir] County names layer

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 8 19:06:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem is the county names still lie under the labels of the stations.
>
> Aren't the station labels _always_ on top?  I don' think you can raise
> the map above the station.

Correct.  We do this:

1) draw maps->pixmap1

2) copy pixmap1 -> pixmap2
   draw weather alerts onto pixmap2

3) copy pixmap2 -> pixmap3
   draw stations & tracks onto pixmap3

4) copy pixmap3 -> display

There are valid reasons for doing it this way, mostly for
speedups/efficiencies, as most of the time we just have to do #3 and
#4, and only when new weather alerts come in do we start at #2.  We
very seldom start processing at #1 except for perhaps mobile Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer