[Xastir] Davis Weather APRS Data Streamer

Mike Stuart k5mts.xastir at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:41:31 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm new to Xastir and love the software, and I have a question.

With the new APRS Data logger for the Davis weather stations it is no longer
necessary to poll the station for data.  Additionally the unit can stream
data in APRS packet format as fast as every minute.  The data is formatted
as such:

@151632z3500.03N/10620.88W_267/002g007t070r000p016P000h17b10219.DsVP

Is there any chance of implementing this in Xastir?  It would certainly take
the headache out of trying to interface my station with MySql and the like.
Thanks in advance,

-Mike