[Xastir] Davis Weather APRS Data Streamer

Robert Grattan bgrattan at umw.edu
Sun May 17 10:39:25 EDT 2009

Tom,

I would be glad to test for you.  I have a Davis VPro2 running into wview (ubuntu 9.04) which sends data to CWOP.  So far, I haven't been very successful in getting the data into xastir which is running on the same box.  Thanks.

Bob N4MRV  (N4MRV-1 wx at :http://mysite.verizon.net/bgrattan/)

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 03:42:56PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <clayj at nwlink.com> flavor, containing:
> Tom -- did you also fix the code that looks for a specific string at the
> end of the APRS data to determine what kind of station it is?

Looking at the documentation for the data logger,
http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-219_Adendm_06540.pdf,
it says that ".DsVP" is present at the end of all the strings from the
logger.  Since that's what my patch looks for to determine that we're dealing
with that unit, I think it's OK.

What exactly are you asking?

I'm going to give Mike a few more days to beta test before I commit the thing.
If anyone else has one of these units, I'll provide the patch for them, too.