[Xastir] Suggestions for linux book -- somewhat off topic

riverridge@centurytel.net cen94999 at centurytel.net
Tue May 19 13:05:12 EDT 2009

Hi..........

I am running successfully running xastir under VMWARE with Xubuntu 8.04 on a laptop running Win Xp and I don't want to screw it up<grin>.

I want to try to become more competent with linux and so am shopping for books.    Amazon has several and reading the reviews hasn't helped me a great deal is trying select one.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It seems that the "current" version of xubuntu is 9.04 and there was a 8.10 also.   All the books seem to be for 8.04 or 8.10.   Is there any good reason to upgrade to 9.04?  How difficult is that while trying to keep a functional setup with xastir running?

Many thanks............ jt

 --
 Jim Tolbert
PO Box 536