[Xastir] pos file

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 21 16:27:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I'm not sure what a GNIS file looks like. But what I have works great, I just
> turned off Transmit Objects/items. What would be the advantage to using a
> GNIS file format?

Then it's a local map, so there's no possibility of you transmitting
them, and you can turn that particular map on and off with ease
using the map chooser.

You can also turn objects on/off at various zoom levels by telling
Xastir the "population" of the object, at least with the old GNIS
code.  The new GNIS code, perhaps not as that field was eliminated
in the newer GNIS map files.  We used to use that field to key off
of for displaying smaller and smaller cities as you zoomed the map
in to a local area.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer