[Xastir] pos file

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 22 12:53:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Tom Russo wrote:

> The format of a GNIS file (new format) is fairly straightforward.  You need
> either the very latest snapshot that Curt put together yesterday, or a
> CVS version more recent than April 13th or thereabouts.

Hey Tom, how about using one of your scripts to do this so both of
us don't reinvent the wheel here?  hi

     xastir/scripts/object2shp.pl

Thought process:

1) Bring the POS items in as objects by modifying the file slightly
as was already reported to work here.

2) Take the object.log file and run it through object2shp.pl.

3) Put the new map (maps?) into your map directory, reindex, and use
the new map as an overlay.

We could automate step #1 with YAPS (yet another Perl script) later
perhaps, but this should get overlay maps going for the weekend,
right?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer