[Xastir] Connecting to a TNC with a Bluetooth serial adapter

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Thu Nov 5 00:24:41 EST 2009

All,

I recently bought and set up a Bluetooth<-->Serial adapter. This
allows me to attach the adapter to my D700 and connect to it
wirelessly from my laptop using Bluetooth. Now my laptop is no longer
tethered to my car with a serial cable.

In case anyone else is interested, I made a very short howto here:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:BluetoothTNC

This was Ubuntu 9.10 with an Aircable3X Bluetooth serial adapter, but
IOGEAR makes a similar device that should follow the same general
steps for setup. Pretty much all recent versions of Ubuntu should work
with these instructions, I think. Not sure about other flavors of
linux; they might need some adjustments to the steps.

Kevin
KB9MQU