[Xastir] Weather warnings over RF

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 9 13:57:43 EST 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI wrote:

> What's needed to pass weather warnings from the internet to RF besides editing the ~/.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt file?
>
> Do I want to set the TNC to gate all internet to RF?  What else do I need to do.  I'm screwing something up.

Edit the nws-stations.txt file as described in the "README" file
distributed with Xastir.  That file also described the other
requirements, such as having one or more RF interfaces
configured/running with TX enabled.

Check that you're receiving some weather alerts too (View->Weather
Alerts).  There aren't a lot of them being sent out in APRS format
via the internet feeds these days.