[Xastir] How to prevent Xastir from sending bad WX data

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 16 11:40:48 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, clayj at nwlink.com wrote:

> I've got a Davis WMII connected to Xastir via a socket; and occasionally,
> the system that feeds Xastir will drop the socket connection.
>
> My problem is that Xastir continues to send weather data using the last
> values, until I find and correct the problem; which, in some cases might
> be several hours or even a day or two.
>
> Is there any way to keep Xastir from transmitting the WX data if it sees
> the Weather Station interface "go away"?

This is a known problem for at least a year or two.  The fix would
be to have a global time value that gets set every time a valid
weather update comes in.  Perhaps even a separate one for each type
of weather data?

Then:  Only output weather data if the data has not aged-out, or
only output the portions of weather data that haven't aged-out.

This would require code tweaks.