[Xastir] D710 question

Robert (Bud) Talbot talbotr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:12:46 EST 2009

Greetings-

I'm relatively new to xastir, but have been using it for a few months and
really enjoy it on my Asus netbook. I recently acquired a TM-D710a and am
thinking about interfacing with xastir periodically when in the field. I
searched the list archives for information on this and found some mixed
results, but will the d700 startup and stop files work with the 710? When
using those files, xastir doesn't seem happy with my gps data (esp.
altitude), though I'm sure I have a good fix (the D710 seems happy with it).
I'm using a GPS18 connected to the 710.

Thanks for any information.

Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT