[Xastir] [OZAPRS] XASTIR - maps

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Nov 24 16:07:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 07:29:36AM +1030, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wavetel at internode.on.net> flavor, containing:
> So what would be the problem if Hamish compiled against ImageMagick instead
> of
> GraphicsMagick to make the deb packages ?

So, what would be the problem with sweeping the dust under the rug?

If the current version of the deb package for ImageMagick uses QuantumDepth=16
and does not have HDRI support enabled, then it would likely make the deb
package for Xastir work better for a while, until such time as the ImageMagick
package maintainer decides to make that package's options consistent with the
GraphicsMagick build.

It would probably be a reasonable temporary fix to the deb  package.

I was speaking more generally of fixing Xastir in a more comprehensive
way for a more permanent fix for all systems (or at least a less temporary
fix, given the instability of *Magick's API and defaults).

[blah blah blah]

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation