[Xastir] 2nd VirtualBox Virtual Machine

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:40:06 EDT 2009

Fyi, it's been in the Wiki for a few weeks, but I've been lax about
sending a message out.  There's a 2nd virtual machine available now
for Sun Virtualbox based on Masonux (What is Masonux?  See
http://sites.google.com/site/masonux/), which is Ubuntu 9.04 with the
Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE).  It was my latest attempt
at something lighter and faster than Xubuntu.  The new VM has a
September, 2009 build of Xastir (from source) included, and it runs
fine on the home Windows XP box with only 192MB of RAM allocated to
it.

The wiki link is...
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VirtualBox, which can be
found in the Windows section of the Installation Notes.

There's also an Xubuntu 9.04 virtual machine with an August build of
Xastir for those that prefer XFCE.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX