[Xastir] March Xastir-Hardy VM

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:49:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Regarding the March 2009 version of the Ubuntu/Hardy Virtual Machine,
it appears that back in March Tom updated the one I originally built
in 2008 - updated both Ubuntu and Xastir.  So the original
installation of proj and geotiff would have been done by me.  Although
I do recall accidentally doing the make (and possibly the configure)
in root mode, which required a permissions fix, I'm very certain I
installed the libraries using the Installation notes in the Wiki for
Ubuntu 8.04, which is the way have always done it in the Ubuntu
flavors.  The live CD's I've distributed more recently using Ubuntu
9.04 are also done the same way.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT