[Xastir] Xastir stable release 1.9.6

Fred Erickson fredferickson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 18:18:43 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 11:46 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Xastir stable release 1.9.6 is out.  Fetch it at:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xastir/

Thanks to everyone who works to keep Xastir the great program it is!

I use cvs to keep Xastir up to date and everything is working fine on
both my desktop (Fedora 9) and my laptop (Fedora 11).

Do have an idle question though: When I do a "Help" and "About" the
screen shows an Aug compile date but a version number of 1.9.6 on both
machines. I know I've updated both computers at least twice since Aug.
The date shown used to always change to whatever the date was when I ran
the compile script - I thought - in fact I used to use it to make sure I
didn't run update too often. I usually use the supplied "update-xastir"
script.

Is there a particular portion of the code that has to change before the
help screen is updated and that portion hasn't changed (maybe nothing
has changed..) since Aug or has there been a conscious decision to not
update that information any longer?

Again, just an idle question - if someone knows off the top of their
head, I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks,

Fred KL7FE