[Xastir] Xastir for MacOS X Binary

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Oct 30 01:32:28 EDT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 11:25 AM, John Ronan wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2009, at 15:14, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:
>>
>>> I think your notes would be a great addition to the Wiki.

I'll see what I can get put up between my homework and such.  I have a
couple of rough perl scripts that I use to create the frameworks from
the shared library files that I will post with it.

> I'd like to have a try at building it on Snow Leopard

The first version I posted was built on Snow Leopard, but linked to
libcurl which the system copy was too old on Leopard, and so it broke
there.  I ended up compiling it on my Leopard box for compatibility
purposes.  Also, to make sure it works on as many machines as
possible, I compiled it for i386, and not x86_64.  What I'd eventually
like to do with it is make it a fat binary with both i386 and x86_64
in it (maybe ppc too, I have a G5 box I can compile on).  Look at the
"lipo" command for how to manipulate Mach-O binaries (which include
shared libraries) in order to put more than one architecture in them.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com