[Xastir] Black online maps

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Sep 1 18:38:56 EDT 2009

I've got black raster maps on Ubuntu 9.04. I'm trying to use
Online/tigermap.geo.

I completely re-downloaded, built, and installed Xastir from cvs
(following the 9.04 HowTo). I've built with both imagemagick and
graphicmagick (both packages from Ubuntu repositories) and neither
build will render the online maps.

The gifs are appearing in ~/.xastir/map_cache as they should, they
look good in an image viewer, and caching is even working. But they're
rendered black.

None of the fancy Ubuntu desktop graphics are enabled.

I've seen this problem come up on the list before, but I recall the
generic solution being "try switching to graphicsmagick". This didn't
work. Any other ideas?

Tom KD7LXL